Thursday, February 2, 2012

To the best class of 2012 ...





Hi Room 18! Welcome to our class blog space for 2012.

This will be your first posting area and you will use this as a place to introduce yourselves. You have to read the class blogging rules and understand that our thoughts, ideas and information are available to be read from anywhere in our world.


Here are the rules - Read these with your family:


There are a few rules to remember though ... here are our blog guidelines.

In working with this blog and any other webspaces, all students need to ensure that they follow these important guidelines. They are designed to make sure that you enjoy these spaces.

• Only ever use your first name or a nickname when you are writing on this or other blogs or wikis.
• Never use any other student’s last name.
• Never post any personal information–such as your home or cellphone number or home address on this or any other blog or wiki.
• Never share any of your usernames or passwords with anyone and never log in as another student.
• Always tell your parents or teacher right away if you come across anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.
• Remember the “grandma rule” that anything you put on the internet could be read by your grandmother so only write things you could say to the nicest of grannies.
• Be a good online citizen and never write or post anything that could hurt anyone else.
• Always check with an adult if someone asks for your phone number or to meet you.
• Never make arrangements to meet anyone over the internet. Always talk to your parents or teacher if this is an issue.
• Make sure you publish only your own work. Don’t under any circumstances use other people’s work and call it your own.
• Make sure that you read over your writing before you post it to check the spelling and that it reads okay. 

You can publish without a Google account, but it's best if you sign up with one. If you publish without a Google account, you MUST include your name. If your name is not included in your post it will not be published. Please include your first name when posting without an account.

So, now it is time to write a brief introduction about yourself. Include these things:

Your first name, and your year level.
Some family information – for example who you live with – no names please.
You may wish to name the area you live in. For example – Mt Albert, Sandringham, Mt Eden, Balmoral.
If you have links to other countries tell us about them. Maybe you have lived in other countries?
Some of your interests.
Set yourself some big goals for 2012 – they can be class related, sport related or even outside of school. What is it that you really want to achieve this year? We can look at these and aim to achieve them!

I am really looking forward to our blogging journey and can’t wait to read your comments.

Let’s get blogging Room 18!!

16 comments:

Aidan said...

Aidan y6
I have 1 little borther,1 little sister,mum,dad and a cat.I live in balmoral.My goals for the year is to learn how to play 5 songs on the guitar,to make the school soccer A team and to improve on spelling.

frank said...

Frank y6 I have 1 little brother,mum,dad and I live in Sandringham and I play the guitar.My goal is to make most of the school sports teams and improve in my maths.

Harry said...

I live with my Mum and Dad,I have 1older sister, and 1 younger sister and a little brother. We have 2 cats and 1 dog. My goal for this year is to become a regular player for my soccer team. I also want to improve my spelling, and pass my music theory piano exam.

Amelia said...

Amelia yr6
i have one older brother and mum and my dad.
My goals for this year is to be able to get more involved in school activities, and make some new friends.

NinaHayes said...

Hi my name is Nina I am a year 6.
I have 1 little brother,mum,dad and a cat.
My goal for this year is to learn as much as possible in school and out but the best would be to get better at maths.

Olivia said...

Olivia y5
I have 1 little sister ,1 older brother ,mum,dad and 2 fish.My dad was born in England so that makes me half English.My goals for this year are to get into the APPA choir and improve on my maths.

Anonymous said...

Coco Year 5:
I have 1 twin brother - he is five minutes older than me. I have 1 kitten, and 2 dogs and i am trying to teach my kitten to fetch. I live in sandringham, near eden park. My goals for the year are to get better at spelling, maths and soccer and to enter more sports competitions.

Lacroix said...

Lacroix y6
I have 2 brothers 2 sisters
we have two dogs and 1 cat
I play the school rugby team and my goal is to win the rugby trophy again this year.

Luke said...

Luke y6
I live with my mum and dad,I also have three brothers.I live in balmoral. My mum is from brazil.I like ICT based activites and also play games. My goal is to improve how fast I do my work and get some new friends.

adam said...

Adam year 6
i have a littles sister called glory who is 8 and a little brother called james who is 4 and another little sister called violet. I play soccer, cricket and flippa ball. I also like to play rugby tackle/touch and softball. I have been playing piano for 1 year but have gone through 4 books already. My goal is to complete another 3 books and get a distinction on one of the icas tests.

Lucy said...

Lucy y5 I have 1 older sister, mum, dad,and a dog named Rufus. My goal is to fit into my new school and try my best to enter some sport teams.

bridget said...

Bridget Y6

I have 1 sister and i live part time with my mum and dad I live in Sandringham and i have 1 dog called daisy and 1 bird called Zac My goal this year is to try playing the saxophone and improve at netball :)

Leah said...

Hi, my name is leah, I am a year 6.
I have 1 older brother, mum, dad and a kitten named Casper.
The year before last we lived in Argentina for 8 months.
my goal for this year is to pass my piano exam and to improve on maths.

khatija said...

Hi my name is Khatija.I have lived in the United Kingdom for seven years and I was born in Aberdeen. My Dad is from Zambia (Africa) and my mum is from NZ. I have one younger brother and one younger sister and three goldfish. One is named Fraser, one is named Marcho, and the other is named Zambesi (after the Zambian river). My goal is to try and move up in maths, have fun and take on some new challenges like learning to surf.

Anonymous said...

check out my blog

http://legoliam10.blogspot.co.nz/

Zinder said...

Zinder y5
i have a 1 older brother,1 older sister and a cousin that sleeps here till the school holidays are about to start and I live with my mum and dad .My goals are to get a good grade for every term and I'm gonna try to work hard in term 4.