Thursday, January 31, 2013

Welcome to a new year!

Welcome back! The school holidays have finally come to an end and I am sure that each of us had a great time and a well deserved holiday break no matter where we were.

This year, Room 18 will continue to update our wonderful blog site, and continue to enhance our learning through the use of this online learning space. There are a few rules to remember though ... here are our blog guidelines.

In working with this blog and any other webspaces, all students need to ensure that they follow these important guidelines. They are designed to make sure that you enjoy these spaces.

• Only ever use your first name or a nickname when you are writing on this or other blogs or wikis.
• Never use any other student’s last name.
• Never post any personal information–such as your home or cellphone number or home address on this or any other blog or wiki.
• Never share any of your usernames or passwords with anyone and never log in as another student.
• Always tell your parents or teacher right away if you come across anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.
• Remember the “grandma rule” that anything you put on the internet could be read by your grandmother so only write things you could say to the nicest of grannies.
• Be a good online citizen and never write or post anything that could hurt anyone else.
• Always check with an adult if someone asks for your phone number or to meet you.
• Never make arrangements to meet anyone over the internet. Always talk to your parents or teacher if this is an issue.
• Make sure you publish only your own work. Don’t under any circumstances use other people’s work and call it your own.
• Make sure that you read over your writing before you post it to check the spelling and that it reads okay.

If you wish to change or add to these rules please post a comment with details of our reasons.

Use this first post as a way to introduce yourself and your family. Include - your first name only, the suburb you live in, your year level, your interests and hobbies, what makes you unique and special, your family information - how many brothers and sisters you have, maybe even something interesting about your mum and dad, and of course tell us what goals you want to achieve this year in the wonderful Room 18! 

Have fun and welcome to Room 18, 2013!!


12 comments:

Amelia Burton said...

Hello Andrew and the new room 18.
I had a fabulous year last year and also the year before that.
To all the new students you will have an amazing last 2 years but they do go quickly so remember to enjoy every single second of it.
Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

henry said...

Hello
I have one older sister, Lucy, who is at MAGS and a younger brother George, who is starting at Balmoral in July.
I like football (soccer) and supoort Liverpool, along with my dad. My mum is funny and cooks us yummy food. She tried to play football but also hurts her leg!
My goals for 2013 are to be better at writing and I would like to get into a good football team with Three Kings United. I would also like to get into the Balmoral A team.Having a great year so far.
This is the the best class i have ever been in.

henry

Glory said...

hi
I have two brothers and one sister.
my sister is one, my big brother
is 11 and my little brother is 5. I
like computer games (but mum doesn't
let me)I like TV and X-box(but mum
doesn't let me!!!)I like to
invent staff (but my little brother
breaks it!)
thank you!

Harry said...

Hi, my name is Harry.I am nine years old. My favourite things are soccer,camping,cricket and cubs.I have two sisters one is called Anna she is 7 and Milly is 5 and started school yesterday. My dad coaches my criket team and my mum sometimes plays soccer and she takes me to the school pool. I would like to work on my spelling this year. I like room 18.

olivia said...

Hi
I have one older brother called Charlie age 11 almost 12 and a younger sister called Daisy age 5. My mum is called Sally, she is a doctor and my dad is called Chris and he is a pharmacist.
In the summer I play cricket for cornwall cricket club and flippa ball for the school. In winter I play football for three kings united and netball for the school! I do Jazz ballet all year round for the dance studio.
My goal for the year is to get into all the school sports teams as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben said...

hi,
i have two older sisters called rosie and kate who are both at EGGS.
I like camping, fishing, soccer and cricket.
my dad is funny and often takes me to the crickit.My mum is very soportive.I would like to get better at spalling, writing and richtask.
I am having a great year so far

caleb said...

Hi my name is Caleb.I am 9 years old. I have one older sister and one younger sister. My older sister was in in Andrew's class last year! My Dad is in England at the moment doing hand surgery and he is from Zambia. My mum is from NZ and she is great.My hobbies are and you guessed it- mine craft,surfing and basketball. My goal is to take a big step in maths and be a supportive friend

Anonymous said...

Hi
My name is Matthew. I like inventing.I usually use batteries for my inventions.

Anonymous said...

Andre
My name Andre .I am almost 10 in march.I have a older brother .my parent love to garden and drink coffee.My hobbies are soccer and ps3. My goal is to get better at spelling and I am looking ford for this year

Andrew said...

Hey Everyone! Great to see you here Amelia, I hope you are really enjoying your new school.

Also, really great to see you posting on our class blog Room 18. It is really important for us to share our ideas together, not only in class but out of class too. That's why our blog is so good!

Keep posting. Keep it up.

Andrew

Noah said...

hello I have one older sister who's in intermediate. I like playing rugby with my family,mathematics and playing outside with my stick. my dad likes to play music. I am very creative,I make posters for my room.

Anonymous said...

that's very nice Harry and every one else!Ho and why is soccer such a popular sport(that's what mum said!)