Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rest in Peace Michael Jackson

On Friday we paid tribute to Michael Jackson, shortly after the news broke that he had passed away. I asked the class who had heard of Michael and every hand went up.

We proceeded to fill a wet lunch hour with a range of video clips from Michael's career, including 'Blame it on the Boogie' from his Jackson Five days, 'Black or White' and even the full version of 'Thriller'. Our neighbouring class couldn't resist, and joined us for the final song we played, 'Heal the World'.

Today for news board we talked about this news, and any updates that had occurred since Friday (NZ Time). We discussed a range of topics and someone asked about Michael Jackson's dance moves, in particular the "Moon Walk". Shortly after I cued up a YouTube clip of the famous Motown performance of 'Billy Jean'

Here is that video:



Room 18 - if you have any ideas or thoughts post them in. Or just enjoy this classic Michael Jackson performance.


4 comments:

Isla said...

I like his moonwalk because i like the way he stands on the very tip of his toes and goes backwards and comes back.I think that he likes sparkely stuff because in the moonwalk dance he is wearing sparkley clothes.

daphney09 said...

REST IN PEACE MICHAEL JACKSON

Michael Jackson might possibly be the BEST EVER singer and dancer. He makes the Moon Walk seem so easy, but when you try it out you think you're doing it but you're not. I tried it even on marble foor, but I really can't do it. That proves that he can be one of the best dancers. I can't believe that he made it all up!

Michael Jackson sings really well. If he entered a singing competition, I guarantee that he will win. He is one of the world's best singers and so far, he sold the most albums.

Michael is one of the most accomplished people in the whole intire world. Some people even think that no one may possibly sell as many or more albums than he did. Maybe someone, in a couple of years.

Response:

Well Done Isla for being the first person to post on the blog! I liked what you said about him. I do agree, he is so GOOD! I tried it, but I can't. The sparkly clothes were probably part of his costume. I don't know why he gets so famous after his life. That's one question that I may not answer.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson, worlds King of Pop. May you enjoy your place in the afterlife.

DAPHNEY *_*

Blog is no longer available said...

Alicia here,

I agree with all the other comment about Michael Jackson A.K.A: the king of pop.

Also Daphney, I do agree with you, he is a good dancer and singer.

My FAVOURITE Michael Jackson song is The way you make me feel, however, I also like Beat it.

Going back to his dancing, I think his dancing is A-MA-ZING, especially the moon walk, and just the fact that he makes up his OWN moves. How cool is that?

Michael Jackson is also world wide famous, and now he's gone. That's very sad.

Anyway, what Daphney said
R.I.P: Michael Jackson

See yah!!!

ALICIA!

daphney09 said...

Yeah Alicia, I feel bad about the fact how he's dead. I acctualy like all of his songs-I can't pick my favorite one. I like your response, it's well thought.

Bye,
Daphney *_*