Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kandinsky - Room 18 Creative Art

This term Room 18 has been studying abstract art and have produced some amazing interpretations using the artist Wassily Kandisky's abstract art as an inspiration for colour, line and form. They also used music to create their work, using music from Fiona Apple's 'Not about love' and Pink Floyd's 'Shine on you crazy diamond'.

Once all children have completed their work we will upload a slideshow of their work, but for now the children will reflect on their art experience.

Answer these questions:
What have you titled your work and why?
What have you learnt about abstract art? How is it different?
Make a comment on one of the images in the video shown below? What did you notice? What did you like? Make a comment about the colours and ideas you had in your work.
Which music inspired your piece the most and how?


 





4 comments:

Leah said...

Under the sea because it has bubbles around the green part that makes it look like seaweed.I learnt that it is different from just drawing a picture where you know what your doing because you don't really have to think about it you just say what you feel.
I like the one called Bright Picture because it looks like he really made an effort to make it look like that. I noticed that if you tilt your head to the left a little it looks like the sea with lots of boats with sails. I liked with the black the boldness at the bottom of the picture and the lightness at top. the colours i had were green, blue and purple and I chose those colours because I thought it might look good if there was a lot of purple at the bottom and a lot of blue and green at the top. The music that inspired me the most was Not About Love because it had lots of different instruments at different times and that made it sound good.

Lacroix said...

I titled my art THE RUTHLESS PANDA
because the art kinda forms a panda.
I learnt that abstract art is not a person or a sketch its.Lots of shapes.I noticed that there's lots of different colours.
I think that Fiona Apple's Not about love gave me lots of ideas.

Zinder said...

I enjoyed doing this kind of art.It was amizing art we did.

philemon said...

I called mine sections because when I finished drawing it I had big lines making sections