Monday, February 3, 2014

Welcome Room 30!!

Welcome to all new students and families of Room 30 2014!

It's going to be a great year of learning ahead. Be that socially or academically we have the right ingredients to make our learning journey fun, exciting and memorable.

This year, Room 30 will aim to keep our wonderful blog site regularly updated, and enhance our learning through the use of this online learning space. There are a few rules to remember though ... here are our blog guidelines.

In working with this blog and any other webspaces, all students need to ensure that they follow these important guidelines. They are designed to make sure that you enjoy these spaces.

• Only ever use your first name or a nickname when you are writing on this or other blogs or wikis.
• Never use any other student’s last name.
• Never post any personal information–such as your home or cellphone number or home address on this or any other blog or wiki.
• Never share any of your usernames or passwords with anyone and never log in as another student.
• Always tell your parents or teacher right away if you come across anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.
• Remember the “grandma rule” that anything you put on the internet could be read by your grandmother so only write things you could say to the nicest of grannies.
• Be a good online citizen and never write or post anything that could hurt anyone else.
• Always check with an adult if someone asks for your phone number or to meet you.
• Never make arrangements to meet anyone over the internet. Always talk to your parents or teacher if this is an issue.
• Make sure you publish only your own work. Don’t under any circumstances use other people’s work and call it your own.
• Make sure that you read over your writing before you post it to check the spelling and that it reads okay.

If you wish to change or add to these rules please post a comment with details of our reasons.

Use this first post as a way to introduce yourself and your family. Include - your first name only, the suburb you live in, your year level, your interests and hobbies, what makes you unique and special, your family information - how many brothers and sisters you have, maybe even something interesting about your mum and dad, and of course tell us what goals you want to achieve this year in the wonderful Room 30! 

Have fun and welcome to Room 30, 2014!!


20 comments:

Harry said...

my name is Harry and I like wildlife, especially big cats.

jackson said...

my name is jackson and i like zoos, working there and drumming.

Kurtis said...

Hi my name is Kurtis. I live in Auckland NZ. I'm 8years old and in year 4. I really love rugby and minecraft. I LOVE PIGS!!!! and I am vegetarian. In my family there are three kids. I have one brother and one sister and I am the middle child. This year I want to do more maths!!!!

Nathan said...

hi my name is nathan.I live with my mum & dad & two brothers and 1 dog.
I like to play on my playstaion3 with my dad. This year I'm looking forward to playing tackle rugby at Eden!!!

Grace said...

Hi my name is Grace. I am 8 years old and I have a 9 year old brother. I love CATS, minecraft, horses, my big teddy bear called Freddy and singing. My friends are Sasha, Trinity, Lizzie, Libby, Stella, Marli and Neila. I love outdoors and nature.

Joshua said...

Hi my name is Joshua and i like playing golf and i do it almost every day

Lizzie said...

Hi my name is Lizzie my best friends are Sasha,Gracie and Trinity. My favorite animal is a dog and a cat and my favorite food is slushies and pizza. this blog ROCKS bye world.

thomas said...

Hi my name is Thomas I love sports
like rugby I love mine-craft!!! I am 8.

Sebastian said...

Hi my name is Sebastian and I like peregrine falcons

esther said...

Hi my name is Esther and I live in Mt Eden and I have 8 people in my family and I love writing and hanging out with my cousins.

Tiffany said...

Hello I'm Tiffany, I love to play my ipad like minecraft,game,movie and I also like to learn about this school.

ethan said...


hi my name is ETHAN. I LIKE SUPERMAN
AND i like ipads. I live with my mum AND DAD AND i live in NEW ZEALAND.
MY teacher is Andrew.

Danny said...

Hi my name is Danny I like to go to clip and clim I live in Balmoral,nz

Lexi and Alex said...

hi we are Lexi and Alex
Lexi's home is in Balmoral,and she likes reading and writing.
Alex's home is in Balmoral and she likes drawing and maths.

Libby said...

My name is Libby I live in Sandringham I go to balmoral school I have two cats one is called Leo and the other is called
Fred.I live with my mum and dad
and my sister Emily.I LOVE lions and hamsters.I am 8 years old and my siser is 11years old.










tristan said...

My name is Tristan my best friend is Seb.

CAITLIN said...

Hi my name is Caitlin. I LOVE LOVE dogs so much.I have two brothers.I am the middle child.

Sasha said...

Hey my name is Sasha I am 8 and I love dogs so much. I have a cat named Molly and my favorite movie is Pitch Perfect and I have a sister that is 10 and she is called Zoe!

Lizzie said...

hi my name is Lizzie i'm 8 years old and I have a big sister who is 11 my favorite food is slushies and pizza. I love hydro slides my best friends are Stella, Sasha, Gracie, Frieda and Trinitymy life is so wild thankyou for reading my profile :)

Aryan said...

My name is Aryan, I live with my mum, dad and sister. Three day's a week I do Kung Fu, my dad enrolled me. I love big cats and animals!